Diversifying Psychology Weekend
Given the current guidelines and constantly-changing landscape with COVID-19, we have determined that it is not feasible to continue with the event as originally planned for the end of March. After much consideration, we have decided to postpone Diversifying Psychology Weekend and are working to identify alternative dates in the fall semester. We will also work to establish options for individuals who may not be able to attend the rescheduled event, such as accessing the panels and sessions remotely.
Although we are disappointed about cancelling the event, the health and well-being of our campus community and our invitees are our primary concern. Please let us know if you have any immediate questions. We will be in touch with additional information as soon as possible.
Our Diversifying Psychology Weekend is an opportunity for talented ethnic/racial minority undergraduates and recent college graduates who are invested in pursuing doctoral-level training in clinical or developmental psychology. The program includes an intensive set of seminars, panel discussions, and workshops. Students will have the opportunity to learn how to develop a competitive application; meet psychology doctoral students and faculty in formal and informal settings; and receive an introduction to our Clinical and Developmental Psychology programs and graduate training.
Travel, housing, and meals are provided for all attendees.
The next Diversifying Psychology Weekend will be March 26-28, 2020. The application deadline has been extended to January 3, 2020. Letters of recommendation and transcripts will be accepted up to one week after the application deadline (until January 10, 2020).
Eligible applicants must:
- Be enrolled at a college or university as a sophomore, junior, or senior; OR have graduated with an undergraduate degree within the past two years;
- Identify as an ethnic/racial minority traditionally underrepresented in graduate psychology programs; and
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a doctoral degree in either clinical or developmental psychology (or dual training in clinical and developmental psychology).
If you are eligible and interested, we encourage you to apply. Materials required for application include:
- Online Application – Due January 3
- Applicants can preview the application short answer questions here.
- Official/Unofficial Transcripts (emailed to Vacant)
- Two Reference Letters (emailed to Vacant)
For further information, please contact Vacant.
DPW Student Resources
Please feel free to check out some of the presentations and resources that were shared at our 2017 Diversifying Psychology Weekend. All resources below are PDFs.