Diversifying Psychology Weekend
Our Diversifying Psychology Weekend is an opportunity for talented ethnic/racial minority undergraduates and recent college graduates who are invested in pursuing doctoral-level training in clinical or developmental psychology. The program includes an intensive set of seminars, panel discussions, and workshops. Students will have the opportunity to learn how to develop a competitive application; meet psychology doctoral students and faculty in formal and informal settings; and receive an introduction to our Clinical and Developmental Psychology programs and graduate training.
Travel, housing, and meals are provided for all attendees.
The next Diversifying Psychology Weekend will be March 26-28, 2020. Applications are due by December 16, 2019.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be enrolled at a college or university as a sophomore, junior, or senior; OR have graduated with an undergraduate degree within the past two years;
- Identify as an ethnic/racial minority traditionally underrepresented in graduate psychology programs; and
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a doctoral degree in either clinical or developmental psychology (or dual training in clinical and developmental psychology).
If you are eligible and interested, we encourage you to apply. Materials required for application include:
- Online Application – Due December 16
- Applicants can preview the application short answer questions here.
- Official/Unofficial Transcripts (emailed to Lisa Clement)
- Two Reference Letters (emailed to Lisa Clement)
For further information, please contact Lisa Clement.
DPW Student Resources
Please feel free to check out some of the presentations and resources that were shared at our 2017 Diversifying Psychology Weekend. All resources below are PDFs.