Make a Gift
State budget cuts hinder our ability to teach and mentor students, support faculty and student research, and reward excellence in teaching and research. To meet those challenges, and to provide students with a broad exposure to contemporary psychological research, we depend upon the contributions and commitment of alumni and friends to continue to offer the best training to our doctoral students.
Even a modest donation can be very helpful in supporting the research, clinical, and teaching activities of our graduate students. Please consider helping the Department capitalize on our many strengths by making a tax-deductible contribution. We offer special thanks to our alumni and friends. Your generous support and contributions have enabled many opportunities for the Clinical Psychology Program.
- Clinical Psychology Excellence Fund
- This fund supports Clinical Psychology graduate students’ training needs, travel to professional conferences and clinical workshops, training materials and experiences in clinical psychology, and the Diversifying Psychology Weekend.
- Make a gift to the Clinical Psychology Excellence Fund.
- W. Grant Dahlstrom Graduate Student Fellowship
- Honoring the 40-year career of Kenan Distinguished Professor, Dr. W. Grant Dahlstrom, this fellowship annually provides financial support for an incoming Clinical Psychology graduate student. The fellowship is intended to support the research and academic accomplishments of promising doctoral students, and has the added benefit of attracting outstanding applicants to our program.
- Make a gift to the Dahlstrom Fellowship Fund.
- David and Maeda Galinsky Graduate Student Fellowship
- This fellowship is offered annually to a highly-qualified incoming graduate student of the Clinical Psychology program and honors the late Dr. David Galinsky, a professor in the Department for more than 40 years who served as Chair from 1983 – 1993 and Director of the Clinical Psychology program. The fellowship also honors the late Dr. Maeda Galinksky, a professor for more than 50 years in UNC’s School of Social Work.
- Make a gift to the Galinsky Fellowship Fund.
To make an gift, using a credit card, to the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience to one of the above funds and/or fellowships, visit The Arts and Sciences Foundation Online Giving.
You may also make a donation by check. Please make your check payable to “Arts and Science Foundation, Inc.” with “Department of Psychology and Neuroscience – 319100” in the memo line and mail to:
The Arts and Sciences Foundation
Attn: Ronda J. Manuel
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
523 E. Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-6115
For questions about creating scholarships and professorships, making stock or estate gifts, donation to specific programs, or suggestions on how you can help support the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, please contact:
Ronda J. Manuel
Director of Development
UNC Arts and Sciences Foundation
Your gift is greatly appreciated and will help foster the excellent student training, research, and mentorship that we have provided UNC students since 1921!