Welcome to the Clinical Psychology Graduate Program at the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill.
The Clinical Psychology doctoral program has been accredited by the American Psychological Association since 1949 and also is accredited by the Psychological Clinical Science Accreditation System (PCSAS). We emphasize training in clinically-informed research and evidence-based clinical work and recognize that students have varying career aspirations that may evolve over the course of graduate training. Our program offers two tracks: Adult and Child/Family. Read more about our Student Admissions, Outcomes, and Other Data.
We are strongly committed to promoting diversity and training early career scientists of diverse backgrounds. We encourage students from backgrounds historically underrepresented in the sciences to apply, including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, first generation college students, and those of low socioeconomic status.
Questions related to the program’s accredited status should be directed to the Commission on Accreditation:
Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation
American Psychological Association
750 1st Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 336-5979 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you to all those who came last night, we had a blast and will miss our internship-bound students!
- Congratulations to our 2022 Award Winners!
- Dr. Mitchell J. Prinstein testified in front of the US Senate on the Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Dr. Andrea Hussong Q&A on the impact of COVID-19 on adolescents’ mental health
- Dr. Andrea Hussong Selected for Thorp Faculty Engaged Scholars Program
- Dr. Margaret Sheridan Named APS Fellow
- April Highlander Receives Gray-Little Diversity in Research Honorable Mention
- Carrington Merritt Receives Davenport Diversity in Research Honorable Mention
- Alison Schreiber Awarded a Baughman Dissertation Research Award
- Lucy Lurie Receives Honorable Mention for NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- Madison McCall Receives Honorable Mention for NSF Graduate Research Fellowship